WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
The information we collect from our website visitors are in two different categories namely personal and non-personal information. The personal information includes only the valid email address of our visitors. The non-personal information in no way identifies you as a website visitor and it includes the device you used to gain access, your internet connection, and usage details.
We only request for your personal information when you do the following;
– Subscribe to our newsletter on the website.
– Fill out a form on the website.
– Respond to a survey on the website.
– Link your blog to the website.
– Link your social media information to the example. For example, your Facebook or Instagram profile information may become available to use when you directly provide them.
Also, as you navigate the Tech Cartel website, your IP addresses and other non-personal information may be collected through cookies acceptance and other tracking technologies.
HOW DO WE UTILIZE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Any information collected from you, whether personal or non-personal, may be used in one of the following ways:
- To keep you updated on services that you requested from us.
- To present our website to you.
- To personalize your needs by using your information.
- To get responses on how well our website is serving you.
- To improve customer service.
- To administer a promotion, ads, survey, or other additional website feature.
- To send daily/weekly/monthly newsletters. Note: whenever you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter, we have included a detailed process to guide you.
For any other purpose not listed here but for which we asked for your permission first.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
First of all, due to the illegal activities carried out by internet hackers, we cannot provide an 100% guarantee that all the information you provided here are confidential. In the events of any hack by a third party, we are not liable for their illegal acts.
However, in our own critical way, we still ensure that your information are safe and secured by using a secured server. All your email information transmitted via a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database. The information are only accessible to authorized personalities and they are sworn to keep it confidential.
If you allow cookies, our website will transfer a small file (cookies) to your device’s hard drive, to enable our website recognize your browser and remember certain information whenever you navigate the site.
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
In the course of operating our business, we may share your personal information to our employees or agents. For example, if you send us an email requesting for assistance; we may share your email address with an employee to help us address the issue.
Also, we may share your personal information if we believe that it is in compliance with the law or protects the rights of others.
However, because your non-personal information in no way identifies you as a user, we do not limit the ways we may share or utilize them. Therefore, it may also be provided to third parties for the purposes of marketing, advertising, or for other online uses.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
Africa has strict laws and policies guiding the activities of the internet, which criminalizes any breach of data privacy. The law states that “any individual or service provider in possession of any person’s personal data shall take appropriate measures to secure such data from all foreseeable cyber-attack.”
- You have every right to ask if we are using your personal information.
- You can request access to your personal information.
- You can request for any information provided by you to our website be corrected.
- You can request for your information to be deleted from our database.
- You can restrict the use of your personal information by our websites.
- You can reject any automated decision made about you, legal or not.